The Tuxedo: Rich Tradition, Modern Eelegance
The tuxedo we all know and love just turned 150 years old. Designed as a short dinner jacket, the tuxedo was born in the era of smoking jackets and top hats-but unlike its contemporaries, the tuxedo’s place in modern society remains undiminished. Even in our far more casual, modern world, elegant events still call for the stylish grace of the tuxedo.
Wearing your custom-tailored tuxedo allows you to bring your unique sense of style to your formalwear-and helps make sure you look fantastic during formal occasions. Although most men do not wear a tuxedo as frequently as a business suit, even a few formal occasions can warrant investing in a custom tailored tuxedo.
When designing your tuxedo, consider:
- Lapels – Peak lapels are classic on a tuxedo. Notched collars are less dressy than peak lapels. A satin shawl collar brings added shine to the ensemble.
- Tie – Wear a bow tie with your tux; the level of formality of each event will affect whether you choose a white or black bow tie. White tie is more formal.
- Vest or cummerbund – Whichever you prefer, make sure the colors and fabrics are dressy.
- Shirt cuffs – Opt for French cuffs with studs and cufflinks with a sense of personal style.
By selecting exactly the details you prefer, your custom tuxedo gives you the ultimate control over your image and comfort during formal occasions.
The Subtleties of Suede
Back in the day, suede shoes were an Elvis thing, or a fusty-college-professor thing. Suede has come a long way from being blue-or boring. Here are the three C’s of selecting and maintaining your suede shoes:
- Color: For everyday wear, steer clear of novelty shades, and take advantage of the rich, warm tones that suede offers you to create a relaxed, yet elegant, look.
- Care: Use a waterproof finish and suede eraser to ensure your suede shoes look their best. Brush often.
- Coordination: Suede works beautifully with fall clothing, including flannel suits, tan trousers, and crisp, dark jeans.
Sharp and jazzy, formal accessories ensure you always hit the perfect note in style; giving a modern twist to classic formal wear.